Thursday 13 November 2008

Live at the Singapore Open 2008!



It's not covered by Golf Predictor, but the Asian Tour is holding the Singapore Open this week and the Golf Predictor Guru is in town! It was good to see some great golfers at close quarters. The course looked great (see first picture) and the event seemed very well organised, but unfortunately the weather was awful with persistent rain and wind. Amongst others, I managed to see Phil Mickelson, Adam Scott and Padraig Harrington in action (see second picture). Golf looks so easy when you see them do it!

I followed Harrington around his back 9 (the actual front 9), resplendent as I was in my Irish baseball cap and Golf Predictor t-shirt!! I had planned to follow him until he finished and double back to watch Darren Clarke, Ernie Els and Rory McIlroy, but unfortunately play was suspended due to thunder and lightning. Cue monsoon, so after a long wait, I reluctantly decided to call it quits. At the time, Harrington was even with three holes to play having been 2 under at the turn. He eventually finished with a one over 71.

Despite the weather, it was still a most enjoyable day, although it's obvious I won't be winning any prizes for photography!!

No comments: