Tuesday 20 January 2015

SSL Certificate Issue

Further to the recent server upgrade with Golf Predictor, it has been brought to my attention that the SSL certificate issue alluded to in that post gives a more serious warning in Chrome*. I am working towards a fix, but in the meantime, it should be safe to log in by clicking "Advanced" and then "Proceed to www.golfpredictor.com". On other browsers, select the option to continue on to the website.

The issue is caused by the recent server upgrade and not by an attack on the site. Apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

*This doesn't happen on all versions of Chrome


[Update 7.30pm]
As I suspected, I have to change a SSL setting which will make the site unavailable for up to another 24 hours. Therefore, I will again wait until the weekend, when the site is less useful. Until then, please follow the instructions above to continue on to the site.

No comments: