Monday 7 July 2008

World Ranking Anomalies

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder just how the hell Justin Rose is in the world top ten?! What exactly has he done this season (or in recent memory for that matter, besides choking again at Augusta!)? The answer is nothing much if you look at his charts in Golf Predictor!

On the other hand, you have the super consistent Robert Karlsson. Over the past 2 months or so, Robert has rarely been out of the top 6 in a tournament, but he's hardly moving up in the rankings. In fact this week, despite finishing tied 6th in The European Open, he didn't budge from number 23 in the world. I suppose he was lucky not to lose a few places!!

I know different events have different points and it's done over a 2 year rolling period, but this is ridiculous! I'm sure there are many other oddities in the rankings, but they are 2 that I have noticed lately. Answers on a postcard please!

No comments: