Friday 27 December 2013

Golf Predictor Back Up!

I am delighted to announce that Golf Predictor is back up and running, just in time for the resumption of the golfing season next week. As stated in the previous post, I took the opportunity to upgrade the technology behind Golf Predictor during the quiet (and short!) off season around Christmas. Unfortunately, this did not go as smoothly as it should have and Golf Predictor was down for four days or so. However, one ruined Christmas later, the site is finally back on-line and appears to be running quicker than ever.

The reason for the site problems turned out in the end to be a couple of web services, which apparently the upgraded technology did not like. Once these were disabled, the site roared back into life. One of these web services returned the currency conversions on the subscribe page, so the old page without these conversions has been reinstated for the time being. I would like to apologise once again for any inconvenience caused by this longer than expected outage. I have tested the site and all appears well once again. If you find an error, please contact me as soon as possible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When will prediction information be available for the 2014 Hyundai Tournament of Champions? Thanks in advance!

Golf Predictor Guru! said...

Hi, I hope to have the data up in the next couple of hours, assuming the WR stats are available.

Nico said...

Thanks! My apologies for sending that comment through twice! I'm very excited to use your service!

Golf Predictor Guru! said...

Prediction stats now available on the site. Happy New Year!

Golf Predictor Guru! said...

Thanks for signing up to GP - delighted to have you on board! If you have any questions, comments or feature requests, please email me via the "Contact Us" page. I hope you find Golf Predictor useful.