Monday 6 August 2018

New Golf Predictor Logo


New Golf Predictor Logo

I am happy to announce a new logo for Golf Predictor. After ten years of using the amateurish one I designed myself, I finally got around to getting one professionally done. After running a brief on-line contest, I chose the above logo as the winner. I liked this one for its simplicity, attractiveness and because it conveys the same idea as my own original effort. The version above is designed for the green background of the website header, but there are also other versions designed for a lighter background. These may make an appearance in other channels, such as social media profiles.

Some notes on this new logo:
  1. The site template, the iFrame with betting odds and this new logo are now the only things on the site not done by me!
  2. This new logo is vertically stacked and thus has different dimensions than the old logo used on the website. Therefore, it wasn't straightforward to replace the logo. Indeed, the header sections in the public facing site and member area had to be rewritten and tested on various sized screens.
  3. While editing the header section on the public pages, I was able to fix a few minor display issues, particularly on smaller phones.
I hope you like this new logo, which I am am very happy with. Just another way to make Golf Predictor look a little better!

No comments: