Thursday 8 August 2013

My New Bookmaker (William Hill)

Note: This post has been superseded by this one.

As you probably know by now, I like to have a flutter on golf tournaments using the powerful stats that are available on Golf Predictor. Recently, I’ve been looking around for a new on-line bookie, one with generally better prices and a cleaner interface than my current one. Luckily, I was approached by a marketeer for William Hill this week, so I decided to give it a go.

Signing up was quick and painless and within about five minutes, I was perusing its many different markets for this week's US PGA Championship. Lodging my initial stake money was just as easy, with fourteen different options to choose from, including credit card, PayPal and bank transfer. As one of the biggest and best known bookmakers in the United Kingdom, I did not have any trust issues nor was I worried about account security. Although I haven’t had to use this feature (yet!), withdrawing cash from your account is just also straightforward and is easily accessible from your account page.

Once you are set up and ready to go, there are an impressive number of betting options in many different tournaments to choose from. I like the interface, which is very uncluttered and easy to navigate. Within each tournament, there are comprehensive match ups in addition to the markets for winner, top ten finish, top European, top American, first round leader and so on. In general, the prices seemed more generous than my previous bookie, so I was happy to make the change. As a new customer, I even received a golf betting bonus - a free matched bet of up to £25 Sterling. So, if my first punt on the winner of the US PGA Championship doesn’t work out, at least I’ll get another bet of the same value to try my luck again! However, with William Hill offering a generous six places on this market, I’m confident of a return on my each way bet!

Helpfully, William Hill also provide a podcast with a former European PGA Tour professional to analyse the upcoming golf tournaments. I found listening to this very useful ahead of the last major of the season. All in all, I was impressed with the site and look forward to building on my stake money in the next few months! If you are considering opening an on-line account or changing your on-line bookie, I recommend that you give William Hill a try*. 


*If you do, please remember to gamble responsibly.

1 comment:

Golf Predictor Guru! said...

Please see an important follow up to this post here.