Tuesday 15 July 2014

2014 - Week 29 (Open Championship) Predictions/Statistics Updated

I have had to update all the predictions for the Open Championship on Golf Predictor as I noticed that the world rankings were incorrect. This happened due to a processing error on my part. It only slipped through the net because I had run some prediction stats a week or so ago for the event. This unprecedented occurrence resulted in me not catching this error (not copying the latest WR file to the server) when I ran the engine with the most up-to-date stats yesterday. Instead of using the latest world rankings, the pre-existing file from that previous run was used.

Since the top world rankings are an important metric, I have rerun the prediction engine with the correct world rankings for this week. There are no dramatic changes, except for those who did well in the past week or two (e.g. Justin Rose). I apologise for this mistake and will take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Note that you may have to reload/refresh the page to see the new rankings.

No comments: